How Glendale Area Patients Can Maintain Veneers so They Last Longer
Porcelain veneers are a great way for patients to restore their smile and cover imperfections that may negatively impact the look of their smile. Dentists in Glendale may suggest veneers over composite resin bonding because of their longevity. Patients can enjoy their veneers for a decade or longer by maintaining their oral health and taking care of their restorations.
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are ceramic facings that are custom-made for patients at CyberDent by our team of professionals, including Drs. Karen Baghdasaryan and Gohar Hovsepyan. These restorations have many benefits. They are:
- Natural looking
When patients choose to move forward with the placement of porcelain veneers, they are educated on how to care for them. Caring for veneers is the best way to keep them looking great and functioning for many, many years. Our team of professionals suggest the following tips for maintaining veneers and other porcelain restorations within the smile:
- Avoid chewing on hard, inedible objects. This includes ice, nails, and pens which are often placed in the mouth.
- Avoid staining substances. Coffees, teas, wines, and sodas can stain the natural teeth, while porcelain veneers are stain-resistant. These staining substances can make porcelain veneers stand out and require replacement earlier than desired.
- Protect the teeth. If you are playing high impact sports that can put your teeth at risk, such as wrestling and football, it is encouraged that you wear protective mouth gear.
- Avoid grinding. If you grind or clench your teeth, you may want to speak to your dentist about the benefits of wearing a special mouth guard, especially at night when bruxism is often at its worst.
- Attend regular recall appointments. Cavities and periodontal disease can form underneath porcelain veneers, so it is important for you to maintain your regular recall visits with the dentist for cleanings and examinations.
If you have veneers and are interested in learning more about how to care for them and extend their lifespan, contact the team of CyberDent. Drs. Karen Baghdasaryan and Gohar Hovsepyan are dedicated to helping patients with veneers in Glendale enjoy them for many, many years! Call (818) 547-4455 or connect with them personally at 6300 San Fernando Road.