Over 10 million Americans suffer from TMJ disorders, making it very common. The Temporomandibular
Joint, also known as TMJ, is the hinge joint that connects the lower jaw to the skull, allowing it to open
and close in order to chew and speak, as well as do other movements that require the jaw to open.
Temporomandibular disorders, also known as TMD, involve any problems with the jaw, jaw joint, and
facial muscles that move the jaw. Our dentists in Glendale are highly experienced in dealing with these
What are the causes of TMJ/TMD?
- Grinding or clenching teeth can place pressure on the TMJ, developing the disorder over time.
- Dislocation of the cushion or disc between the ball and socket of the TMJ.
- Occurrence of rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis in the TMJ of a patient.
Patients that have a TMJ disorder will experience:
- Pain and tenderness in face, neck, and shoulders as well as any area around the TMJ.
- Limited ability in mouth movement.
- Clicking and popping of jaw joint.
- Tired feeling in the face and jaw area.
- Swelling. (this can happen on one or both sides)
Our dentists in Glendale will be able to help give you the diagnosis of the TMJ disorder and also will help
you treat the TMJ condition. All of our dental staff has the knowledge and expertise to help make the
condition bearable for an increased ability in chewing, speaking and all general movements of the jaw.
Call us today at (818) 547 - 4455 to schedule your TMJ consultation with one of our dentists in Glendale to get back to enjoying life, pain-free.
Back to procedures